Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My New Obsession

Once I got a hold of oil paint my world was turned upside down. I loved it! I have been into art since I was a tiny kid but always been intimidated by oil paint. It took me 21 years to finally start working with it. It is the most versatile medium I have ever used. There are so many things you can do with it. I feel like I have missed out on so much because I was scared to use it. Lesson learned!!! This is my first head study I did with black and white oil paint.



I have an awesome professor that I have learned so much from. This was my second oil painting where my professor gave everyone a random magazine portrait and gave us a half hour to sketch, layout, and paint a finished piece. I got Obama and this is what a half hour gave me. Fun assignment though. Oil on scrap canvas.




This is work in progress. Such an interesting concept. love it. Oil on canvas.
This was a final project in one of my classes. We got to choose any material we wanted so I had to do a painting of Heath Ledger. Easily one of my favorite roles that anyone has ever played in a movie. Oil on canvas.
This is my favorite oil painting I have done. I have always loved tattoos and the art that is involved in tattooing. People dont give credit to the talent it takes to give a good tatoo. I have all the respect in the world for these artists. This is a hand study of my friend Stevie. If anybody has any good tattoos please e mail me! I would love to start painting more pieces like this.
















1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not sure what you are going to school for... etc etc. But if all else fails, you could be one hell of a tattoo artist! PS, love the paintng with the robots. Way sickidy sick.

    ReplyDelete