Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tandem Bicycle Painting

I was so excited when I got a call from Mandi at Vintage Revivals to do a painting for her. I was even more excited when she told me what she wanted. I have said this before, but I will say it again. I love when a person trusts me enough to give me an idea and let me do my thing. She told me she wanted a an old vintage style bike that can seat two people. There is no such thing as an old vintage bike with a tank and fenders so I got to design it from scratch. Sent Mandi the rough draft and took it from there.


We decided to do the painting on an 8 by 4 foot piece of veneered plywood. I stained it a blonde stain and started painting.







The contrast with the natural wood and Cobalt Blue color of the bike really worked. I was happy that we decided to cut the piece in to fifths to give it more texture and contrast to the room.





Mandi is crazy talented so her space was amazing as always. The piece ended up fitting in perfectly into her entryway. If you have not checked out Vintage Revivals go get lost in her blog now!!! you can find her at vintagerevivals.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. I love that piece! How much does something like that run? You can email me at mdraper29@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I love this peice and would be interested in talking to you about doing a similar piece for our home. You can email me at deeksha27@gmail.com and I'd be happy to connect with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you selling more pieces like this? If so, how much would it cost? Email me at rnrgurl@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete