Thursday, April 19, 2012

Putty Portrait

A few weeks ago I received an email from a lady in Alabama that wanted a portrait done for her daughters dog. She is in love with her little guy as much as I am obsessed with my dane Duke so I knew she would have something good for me to paint.. She saw my artwork on the Nate Berkus show and decided to shoot me an email. She told me the awesome story of Putty and that he has been a part of their family for the past twelve years. They adopted him from a rescue ( which I absolutely love) because his original owners abandoned him. She then went on to tell me that they just found out Putty has lymphoma. Putty is 14 years old and undergoing chemotherapy treatment to treat his cancer. They know that they don't have a lot of time left with Putty so she wanted to get a portrait painted that they can hang in their home and keep forever. This picture was sent to me the day of his first chemotherapy treatment. This picture killed me so I knew i needed to paint a killer portrait to capture Putty in a better time.





I decided to do a close up painting of Putty and his huge floppy ears. I wanted to paint him so he didn't look sick. I took "Putty" features from multiple pictures they sent and the final product turned out awesome. This was an awesome project for me and this is why I love to paint. Knowing that my painting will strike a feeling in that family every time they walk in the door makes me do what I do. I gave this family a large discount on their painting and shipping to offset the HUGE cost of chemotherapy treatments. I hope this family can enjoy this painting for as long as Putty is alive and years to come. Putty was painted on a 24x30 canvas with acrylic paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment